Cold Weather & Winter Pests
In Southeast Louisiana, cooler weather means a break from some of our most popular pests. Mosquitoes, roaches, and other "warm weather" pests tend to be less of an issue in cooler temperatures, so many people forget that there are other pests which become more troublesome during cooler weather.
Common Winter Pests
Most pests can be a problem year-round, but you may notice more problems with these winter pests when temperatures are low:
- Bed Bugs
Keeping Pests Out During Winter
There are certain things you can do to reduce the likelihood that pests will enter your home looking for warmth this winter. Luckily, some of these winter pests can be kept out of your home so they don't become a problem.
Pest-proof these areas of your home:
- Doors (seal gaps using weather strip or other material)
- Dryer vents
- Cracks/holes in the foundation or sub-floor
- Soffits/facia (seal gaps and holes)
- Roof (repair any holes/openings)
- Windows (seal gaps using weather strip or other material)
- Yard (remove any trash and make sure trash cans have lids)
Contact Bayou Cajun Termite & Pest Control for Winter Pest Control
Don't wait too long to contact us with any questions or to schedule a treatment at your home or business! The experts at Bayou Cajun Termite & Pest Control will professionally treat your property.