Roaches in Your Kitchen?
Kitchens are usually the area of the home where roach problems are the worst. This isn't too surprising, though. Our kitchens are the perfect place for roaches to feast, nest, and reproduce. Kitchens feature plenty of dark, damp hiding spaces and food sources. This doesn't mean you can't take a few steps to make your kitchen a little less roach-friendly.
Places Roaches Hide in Kitchens
Roaches are small pests with a preference for dark, damp hiding places near food sources. Kitchens generally check off all the boxes for roaches, with their favorite hiding places being:
- Under sink cabinets
- Behind and under refrigerators
- Behind oven and stove ranges
- Under floor drains
- On, behind, or under pipes with warm condensation
- Inside sinks and sink drains
- Kitchen drawers and cabinets
How to Get Rid of Roaches in Kitchens
Even the cleanest of homes will probably experience roaches from time to time - this is a common problem in Southeast Louisiana. Once you start to notice a roach problem, it's important to take some basic steps. Roaches have the ability to attract other roaches to a hospitable nesting area through the chemical makeup of their feces (which roaches leave plenty of). Roaches also reproduce very quickly, which means your problem can get worse quickly if you don't treat it promptly.
Ways to get rid of roaches in your kitchen:
- Store food in sealed, airtight containers or zipper bags
- Close any containers with water or liquids in them
- Wipe surfaces regularly, including containers which may have food or beverage residues on them
- Use a trash can with a lid
- Take trash out regularly, especially if it contains food
- Sweep or vacuum kitchen floors daily, especially after cooking or preparing larger meals
- Sweep or clean behind and around appliances
- Repair dripping faucets
- Run your garbage disposal regularly
- Rinse sinks out regularly
- Seal entry points
- Clean crumbs from drawers and cabinets
- Clean your stovetop and oven
Pest Control for Roaches
Once you've taken the necessary steps to prevent a worsening roach problem, it's best to contact a qualified pest control company to properly treat your home. Bayou Cajun Pest Control has the proper tools and expertise to safely and professionally treat your home to remove and prevent roaches. Contact us today to schedule your pest control treatment!